Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Seatle Seahawks Will Win It All

Now that the Mannings and the Packers have been eliminate it is time to make the bold prediction.  the predication of this year's Super Bowl Winner.  One thing is certain, yet again.  it will not be the Cleveland Browns.  Not since 1964 when Jimmy Brown was still stomping around have the Brwns won it all, and way back then it was the NFL championship game.  There was no super Bowl, bt this year there is and the Seattle Seahawks will win that game.

Why will they win? Well not for the reasons you might think.  Not because of Lynch nor Wilson though they will get the credit.  But because of Unger, and Giocamini and Johnson and McQuistan and Moffet and Okung.  They will not get the credit they have not been credited all year. The offensive line never does get the credit   Save for the movie "The blind side" these men remain obscure underrated underpaid and without the endorsements of the quarterbacks and runners and recivers and even standout defensive linemen and Ray Lewis type line backers.  How many seahawk fans even know their names.  I am not a Seahawk fan yet I am conceived they will win it all based on these unsung heroes.  I can't even find any media stories describing them. Unger the center is going to the pro-bowl,  Hey by the way, whens the last time you saw a center selling Nike's or Buick's?  I am sure they will win because of these men.

My credentials?  Well last year I predicted and followed Eli Maning's march from Georgia to the  West, and I predicted the Giants would win it all.  So I am one for one this time of year at predicting Super Bowl winners once the playoffs had started. At the beginning of the season I would have picked an all Manning bowl and I would have been wrong.  At mid season the same. But now since the playoffs have started I pick the SeaHawks because of their offensive line.

And what makes these men standout -- their size. Max Unger Center 6'5" and 305.   Russell Okung Tackle 6'5" 310.  John Moffitt Guard 6'4" 319.  Paul McQuistan Tackle 6'7" 315.  Rishaw Johnson Gaurd 6'5" 313.   Ah yes a formidable over sized offensive line taller and heavier then their defensive counterparts.  This is what wins football games.   That's average weight of 312.  This fact pus there  ability is what wins games.  Quarterbacks can't throw and running backs can't run without an offensive line.  An NFL calibre and standout line that exceeds the weight of their defensive counter parts wins games.

How do I know this little know fact?  Well, It's like this the I have been a life long Cleveland Browns fan and I remember the Bernie Kosar Browns.  They were huge and the Browns won and hey were not responsible for the drive nor the fumble, and they should have gone to the Super Bowl twice.

I do not think that this year we will see a repeat of either the drive or the fumble.  And yes as much as I like Peyton Manning he is fun to watch.  i am glad the Broncos are out, and they were beaten by will an incarnation of the Browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment